Today I wanted to make an indoor tilemap, either a dungeon, sewer level or just a nice house interior. It ended up becoming a sewer level where I started off by putting together a somewhat coherent color palette. It’s still somewhat challenging to get the contrast under control.
Today I experimented with creating a top down RPG tilemap. I might have to do something about the high contrast and tone it down a little.
Since I had so much trouble learning to draw pixel art walk cycles, I thought I’d use it as an opportunity to get used to my graphics tablet. I still have a long way to go, but it was nice practice for memorizing some of the different walk cycle poses.
Today I went through another chapter where we made a tileset with a cohesive color palette. Like with 3D modelling, I’m still a bit stuck on the animation part, so I’m considering working with Krita and my drawing tablet to get the walk cycles to work.
Yesterday I went through another section of this pixelart course on Udemy and the chapter challenge was to create a pixelart background, so I had a go at that.
Today I thought I’d familiarize myself more with Pyxel Edit and made another tilemap similar to the one I used for the Hothead illustration. When I worked on creating tilemaps before I tried using Affinity Designer to create a tilemap with 32X32 size tiles, but this apparently wasn’t the right tool for the job, so Read More …
The past few days I’ve been following this Pixelart course on Udemy. I’ve now considered making a pixelart style colorfont based on the things I might learn in this course. At least hopefully I’ll be able to make some tilemaps I can combine with some React (JS) programming projects.
Going back to the idea of creating assets for an Isometric City building game I thought I’d model a gas station, but then I started thinking about the little details I’d like to add, so the first step was creating a gas station pump.
After I finished watching the Animated Lamp chapter of the first Blender course and found out that the other chapters weren’t updated to 2.8 I thought I’d start on another course while waiting for the others to become available. There was some repetition of the concepts I learned earlier on block modelling, but a lot Read More …
Apparently rigging and applying IK was a bit more difficult than I’d expect, but the lamp is at least modelled and I managed to set up some keyframes for an animation. I’ve been a bit off and on with this particular chapter and made some attempts here and there, but I might have to learn Read More …