Today I wanted to make an indoor tilemap, either a dungeon, sewer level or just a nice house interior. It ended up becoming a sewer level where I started off by putting together a somewhat coherent color palette. It’s still somewhat challenging to get the contrast under control.
Today I experimented with creating a top down RPG tilemap. I might have to do something about the high contrast and tone it down a little.
Today I went through another chapter where we made a tileset with a cohesive color palette. Like with 3D modelling, I’m still a bit stuck on the animation part, so I’m considering working with Krita and my drawing tablet to get the walk cycles to work.
Yesterday I went through another section of this pixelart course on Udemy and the chapter challenge was to create a pixelart background, so I had a go at that.
Today I thought I’d familiarize myself more with Pyxel Edit and made another tilemap similar to the one I used for the Hothead illustration. When I worked on creating tilemaps before I tried using Affinity Designer to create a tilemap with 32X32 size tiles, but this apparently wasn’t the right tool for the job, so Read More …