This is where I’ll post information on my fonts. My Creative Fabrica portfolio is available here. Daily font statistics for Scandinavian DaFont designers are available here.
Another font is up on Creative Fabrica and DaFont, Snufkin is a playful, cool and bubbly display font, featuring the perfect amount of childlike character. Use it for projects where you need a friendly and clean touch, with a hint of three-dimensionality. For personal use, download it for free on DaFont here: https://www.dafont.com/snufkin.font For commercial Read More …
Another font of mine is up on DaFont and Creative Fabrica. Hairline is a detailed display font made to emulate curly hair. This font is free for personal use. For commercial use, please purchase a licence from my store. The store is available at Creative Fabrica: www.creativefabrica.com/designer/thorchristopherarisland/ref/38065/
Today I finally got around to finishing the boat tileset I was working on earlier this week. As usual I reused some tiles from an earlier tileset. There are at least two perks to reusing tiles, one is that I’ll get to test the earlier tileset and create a more cohesive world, the other is Read More …
The next tileset turned out to be a bit of a challenge. I thought I’d go for a more nautical theme and create a pixelart boat. What’s left are the sails, the mast and a few more details. Then I’ll have to start working on a harbor to finish it off, hoping that will be Read More …
Today I thought I’d experiment with expanding a tilemap by combining two tilesets from the earlier projects.
Today I got around to creating the third idea I had for an interior tileset/tilemap. I might want to recreate some of these in Blender as well as expand on these by creating more mockups / levels using these tilesets.
As I mentioned in my previous post I wanted to make an interior tileset and listed up a set of options. Today I finished another one of those ideas and made an interior tilemap.
Today I wanted to make an indoor tilemap, either a dungeon, sewer level or just a nice house interior. It ended up becoming a sewer level where I started off by putting together a somewhat coherent color palette. It’s still somewhat challenging to get the contrast under control.
Today I experimented with creating a top down RPG tilemap. I might have to do something about the high contrast and tone it down a little.
Since I had so much trouble learning to draw pixel art walk cycles, I thought I’d use it as an opportunity to get used to my graphics tablet. I still have a long way to go, but it was nice practice for memorizing some of the different walk cycle poses.